- Personal - 2020 M1 MacBook Pro 13' - Apple Silicon is the real deal. This is the first Mac in quite a while that I truly love using.
- Work - 2020 Intel MacBook Pro 16' - Rocked a 2015 15' MacBook pro for a very long time. Even though this is kind of an awkward time to take on a new intel Mac, my trusty 2015 was barely limping along.
- Tablet - 10.5' iPad Pro
- Phone - iPhone 12 Pro - I'm one of those jerks on the iPhone upgrade plan.
- Magic Trackpad 2 (taught myself to use a trackpad left handed due to RSI issues) and Magic Keyboard.
In 2020 I made the switch from PHP Storm to VS Code. I actually keep PHP Storm around to use for their merge conflict resolution tool, which is much better than VS Code. Hopefully that will change eventually.
For more detail on my VS Code setup, check out Documenting My Mac Setup
Apps and Utilities
I keep a pretty stock Mac config, but can't live without the following:
- Unclutter - Keeps the digital mess hidden away. Without this installed, my Mac feels broken.
- Chrome (yeah, I know)
- Evernote - a disorganized mess of years and years of notes
- Things I use it to follow some form of GTD.
- YNAB - changed my life financially
- Bartender - hide menu bar clutter
- Oh My ZSH - terminal themes and other niceties
- Raycast - highly configurable alternative to Spotlight. Complete tasks like launching your next Zoom meeting or creating a Jira ticket with just a few keystrokes.
- Vivo 32 Inch Desk Riser - Stand in the morning, sit in the afternoon. If I don't stand I suffer from wrist issues.
- Headphones - god help me, I bought Air Pods Pro Max. Replaced Steel Series Arctis 1 which I now use for gaming.
- Rain mStand - keep the lapptop screen level with my secondary monitor.
- Garbage monitor - I've got a garbage monitor that is probably close to 10 years old.
- Sonos - Play music on Sonos when I can play things out loud.
- Nintendo Switch
- Headphones - Steel Series Arctis 1